MBBS (HK); MD (HKU); FHKCA; FHKAM(Anaesthesiology); FANZCA; FHKCA(Pain Med)
Clinical Assistant Professor
Office : K424, Queen Mary Hospital
E-mail : email@example.com
HKU Researcher Page : rp01789
ORCID : orcid.org/0000-0002-8763-5687
- Clinical pain medicine
- Basic pain signaling pathways
- Wong SSC*, Chan WS, Fang C, Chan C, Lau TW, Leung F, Cheung CW. Infraclavicular nerve block reduces postoperative pain after distal radial fracture fixation: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Anesthesiology 2020; 20(1): 130.
- Wong SSC, Cheung CW. Analgesic efficacy and adverse effects of meperidine in managing postoperative or labor pain: a narrative review of randomized controlled trials. Pain Physician 2020; 23(2): 175-201
- Wong SS, Chan WS, Cheung CW. Analgesic effects of cannabinoids for chronic non-cancer pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis with meta-regression. Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology 2020; 15(4): 801-9 Review.
- Wong SSC, Cheung CW. Optimization of Opioid Utility in Cancer Pain Populations. Annals of Palliative Medicine 2020; 9(2): 558-70.
- Wong SSC*, Lee UM, Wang XMA, Chung SK, Cheung CW. Role of DLC2 and RhoA/ROCK pathway in formalin induced inflammatory pain in mice. Neuroscience Letters 2019; 709: 134379.
- Wong SSC*, Sun L, Qiu Q, Gu P, Li Q, Wang XM, Cheung CW. Propofol attenuates postoperative hyperalgesia via regulating spinal GluN2B-p38MAPK/EPAC1 pathway in an animal model of postoperative pain. European Journal of Pain 2019; 23(5): 884-93.
- Wong SSC, Leung MYY and Cheung CW. The effect of total intravenous anaesthesia with propofol on postoperative pain after third molar surgery: a double-blind randomized controlled trial. European Journal of Pain 2019; 23(4): 812-22.
- Wong SSC, Choi SW and Cheung CW. A comparison of chronic pain with and without neuropathic characteristics in a Hong Kong Chinese population: an analysis of pain related outcomes and patient help seeking behaviour. PLoS One 2018; 13(10): e0204054.
- Wong SSC*, Choi SW, Lee Y, Irwin MG, Cheung CW. The analgesic effects of intraoperative total intravenous anesthesia (TIVA) with propofol versus sevoflurane after colorectal surgery. Medicine 2018; 97(31): e611615.
- Tai LW, Pan Z, Sun L, Li H, Gu P, Wong SSC, Chung SK, Cheung CW. Suppression of Pax2 atenuates allodynia and hyperalgesia through ET-1-ETAR-NFAT5 signaling in a rat model of neuropathic pain. Neuroscience 2018; 384(5): 139-51.
- Wang C, Li H, Wang S, Mao X, Yan D, Wong SSC, Xia Z, Irwin MG. Repeated non-invasive limb ischemic preconditioning confers cardioprotection through PKC-ԑ/STAT3 signaling in diabetic rats. Cellular Physiology and Biochemtry 2018; 45(5): 2107-21.
- Wong SSC, Qiu Q, Cheung CW. Segmental spinal myoclonus complicating lumbar transforaminal epidural steroid injection. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine 2018; 43(5): 554-6.
- Wong SSC, Irwin MG. Anaesthesia for fractured neck of femur. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine 2018; 19(4): 175-8 (updated version).
- Wong SSC*, Irwin MG. Anaesthesia and minimally invasive surgery. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine 2018; 19(1): 11-5 (updated version).
- Yuen VMY, Wong CHP, Wong SSC, Wong GTC. Rescue oxygenation in small infants. Anaesthesia 2017; 72(12): 1564-65.
- Qiu Q, Sun L, Wang XM, Lo AC, Wong KL, Gu P, Wong SSC, Cheung CW. Propofol produces preventive analgesia via GluN2B-containing NMDA receptor/ERK1/2 signaling pathway in a rat model of inflammatory pain. Molecular Pain 2017; 13: 1744806917737462.
- Wong SSC, Chan CW, Cheung CW. Spinal cord stimulation for chronic non-cancer pain: a review of current evidence and practice. Hong Kong Medical Journal 2017; 23(5): 517-23.
- Choi SW, Lam DM, Wong SSC,Shiu HH, Wang AX, Cheung CW. Effects of single nucleotide polymorphisms on surgical and postsurgical opioid requirements: a systemic review and meta-analysis. The Clinical Journal of Pain 2017; 33(11): 1117-30.
- Cheung CW, Wong SSC, Qiu Q, Wang XM. Oral oxycodone for acute postoperative pain: a review of clinical trials. Pain Physician 2017; 20(2S): SE33-SE52.
- Cheung CW, Choi SW,Wong SSCLee Y and Irwin MG. Changes in prevalence, outcomes, and help-seeking behavior of chronic pain in an aging population over the last decade. Pain Practice2017; 17(5): 643-54.
- Qiu Q, Choi SW,Wong SSC, Irwin MG, Cheung CW. Effects of intra-operative maintenance of general anaesthesia with propofol on postoperative pain outcomes - a systematic review and meta-analysis. Anaesthesia2016; 71(10): 1222-33.
- Chan AC, Qiu Q, Choi SW,Wong SS, Chan AC, Irwin MG and Cheung CW. Effects of intra-operative total intravenous anaesthesia with propofol versus inhalational anaesthesia with Sevoflurane on post-operative pain in liver surgery: a retrospective case-control study. PLoS One 2016; 11(2): e0149753.
- Wang Y, Li H, Huang H, Liu S, Mao X, Wang S, Wong SS, Xia Z, Irwin MG. Cardioprotection from emulsified isoflurane postconditioning cardioprotection is lost in rats with streptozotocin-induced diabetes due to the impairment of Brg1/Nrf2/STAT3 signalling. Clinical Science 2016; 130: 801-12.
- Wong SSand Irwin MG. Peri-operative cardiac protection for non-cardiac surgery. Anaesthesia 2016; 71(S1): 29-39.
- Lam DM, Choi SW, Wong SSC, Irwin MG, Cheung CW. Efficacy of pregabalin in acute postoperative pain under different surgical categories: a meta-analysis. Medicine 2015; 94(46): e1944.
- Low SJ, Wong SS, Qiu Q, Lee Y, Chan TC, Irwin MG, Cheung CW. An audit of changes in outcomes of acute pain service: evolution over the last 2 decades. Medicine(Baltimore) 2015; 94(46): e1673.
- Wong SSC, Irwin MG. Anaesthesia for fractured neck of femur. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine 2015; 16(3): 103-7 (updated version).
- Irwin MG, Wong SSC. Anaesthesia and minimally invasive surgery. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine 2015; 16(1): 17-20 (updated version).
- Irwin MG, Wong SSC. Anaesthesia for fractured neck of femur. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine 2012; 13(3): 94-8.
- Irwin MG, Wong SSC. Anaesthesia and minimally invasive surgery. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine 2012; 13(2): 48-51.
- Tsang S, Wong SSC, Kravtsov G, Wu S, Wong TM. Testosterone-augmented contractile responses to alpha1- and beta1-adrenoceptor stimulation are associated with increased activities of RyR, SERCA and NCX in the heart. American Journal of Physiology Cell Physiology 2009; 296(4): C766-82.
: * Corresponding author